Update: July 30, 2020
To ensure fair and equitable access and enhance our ability to support physical distancing best practices and contact tracing, those wishing to attend a service will be required to pre-register online through Church Centre (link to be provided) or by phoning Jaclyn Didiano at 416-925-8494 ext 223.
Seating will be assigned and is available on a first-come, first-served basis. Registration for the Sunday, September 20th service will begin on Monday, September 14th at 9am and end on Friday, September 18th at 11am.
Registration for all subsequent Sunday services will begin at 9am on the preceding Monday and end at 11am on Friday of that week. All attendees (including children) will be screened for symptoms and must wear masks while in the church.
Please note that we will not be able to accommodate those who are not registered.
Update: June 23, 2020
Building Re-opening Plans
As the COVID-19 pandemic evolves and we continue to monitor government and public health requirements and guidance, it remains our priority to ensure the safety and well-being of all members of our community of faith at Timothy Eaton Memorial Church. With our focus firmly on that priority, our current intention with respect to the phased physical re-opening of our church and related facilities is set out below:
- We plan to have our first “live” worship service with congregation present in-person at 11:00 a.m. on Sunday, September 20, 2020
- Attendance at that service and all subsequent services will be limited
- To ensure fair and equitable access and enhance our ability to support physical distancing best practices and contact tracing, those wishing to attend a service will be required to pre-register online or by phone, on a first-come, first-served basis. Further registration details will be provided in the near future. We will not be able to accommodate those who are not registered
- During the period when we have one Sunday service, the 11 a.m. service will combine elements of both traditional and contemporary worship
- We plan to resume a second weekly, contemporary worship service, commencing at 9:00 a.m. on Sunday, October 25, 2020
- The sanctuary will also be open for prayer and meditation on Fridays from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m. beginning on Friday, July 10, 2020. For this purpose only, prior registration will not be required but worshippers will be required to sign-in, screened for temperature (Individuals with temperature higher that 38° C will not be permitted) and expected to observe physical distancing protocols
- There will be no Sunday School until further notice
- Inquiries concerning any other requested use of the church and related facilities should be directed to Michael Loo, Director, Property Management [email@example.com / (416) 925-8494 ext 226] We will provide further updates as new information becomes available.
Update: June 17, 2020
Update: June 10, 2020
Update: June 3, 2020
Update: May 27, 2020
Update: May 20, 2020
Update: May 13, 2020
Update: May 6, 2020
Update: April 29, 2020
Update: April 22, 2020
Update: April 15, 2020
Update: April 8, 2020
Update: April 1, 2020
Update: March 27, 2020
Update: March 23, 2020
Under the instruction of Public Health Authorities and the Ontario government, we have taken the steps to close the building until further notice (United Church of Canada Release). This is to protect the welfare of our staff, as well as the community. The Food bank will remain open as it is an essential service to the community (cothfoodbank.ca)
Update: March 13, 2020
To the TEMC community:
Although the risk of exposure to COVID-19 virus in Ontario is still low, in order to help prevent further spread of the virus and to protect members of our congregation, public worship services are cancelled until further notice. You can participate in the worship service on the radio at 11:00am on CHIN 1540AM or by watching our live stream services at 9:15 & 11:00 am at:
- temc.ca/livestream or on Facebook at Timothy Eaton Memorial Church.
- To follow along with the service, a PDF of the bulletin can be found at temc.ca/orderservice
- Your offering can be made at temc.ca/donate
As a caring Christian community, we continue to pray for the well-being of our members and the broader community. Should you require pastoral care during this time, please contact the church at 416-925-8494.
COVID-19 spreads by respiratory droplets of an infected person to others with whom they have close contact such as people who live in the same household or provide care. It can survive on different surfaces but can be killed by most cleaners and disinfectants.
- You can access up to date information on COVID-19 on the Ontario Ministry ofHealth’s website: ontario.ca/coronavirus.
- If you are concerned that you may have been exposed to, or are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19, please contact Telehealth at (1-866-797-0000), your primary care provider, or your local public health unit.
- For more information go to: www.publichealthontario.ca/ or www.publichealthontario.ca/en/diseases-and-conditions/infectious-diseases/respiratory-diseases/novelcoronavirus/public-resources
Thank you for your understanding and cooperation at this time. We're in this together.
- Public Health Resources:
- Public Health Ontario
- Church Buildings Closed:
United Church of Canada Release
- The Food Bank is open and you can make donations directly at:
- Online/On-Air Service Access
[ Sundays at 11:00 AM Only ]:
Website | Facebook | Radio - CHIN 1540 AM
- Donate Online: