November 1, 2021
As we approach the Advent and Christmas season, the Building Re-opening Committee (BRC) continues to work diligently to ensure that we can gather together as a community of faith and offer meaningful worship services in the safest possible way. We continue to review and adhere to government regulations and adapt our policies and procedures accordingly. We are also consulting with other churches to share our plans and experiences.
Recently the BRC met and adopted a plan for worship services and other events going forward and during the upcoming holiday season. While we seriously considered requiring proof of vaccination for all who wish to attend worship, we felt that the following measures allow us to keep people safe while also being welcoming to those who are seeking to connect with God in a service of public worship:
- We do continue to strongly encourage vaccination for all those who are eligible;
- Everyone must wear a mask at all times while inside the church building;
- All worshippers must remain physically distanced from others not living in the same household;
- In order to accommodate physical distancing, there will be a limit on how many people may be in the sanctuary at one time;
- If attendance numbers begin to approach our capacity limit during the coming weeks we may need to begin requiring pre-registration and/or we may re-introduce a second service at 9AM to accommodate everyone while still maintaining proper distancing.
- Sunday School is offered for children in kindergarten to Grade 12, and parents should take children to the Flora McCrea Auditorium via the Dunvegan Rd. entrance;
- A room is provided where the service is livestreamed, and parents are asked to take children who are not able to wear a mask to this area;
- For all congregational events that are NOT public worship (ie. concerts or luncheons) pre-registration and proof of vaccination will be required in order to attend.
We appreciate your continued cooperation in respecting the guidance of our volunteers who are diligently supporting the safe and efficient welcoming of our congregation for worship. We would welcome the assistance of further volunteers, and if you are available to help please contact Rev. Lorraine Diaz at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please continue to consult our website for further updates as we continue to navigate and adapt to evolving circumstances.